Thursday 30 April 2020

Lockdown Day 38

Hi!

Today has involved a lot more sculpting and not too much in the way of painting but tomorrow should see me catch up with the painted gubbins a bit!

Here's a sneak peek of the Black Tribe Robots I've been working on:

Black Tribe Minions, Bully and Crawler

I still have a lot of detailing to do on the Minions and Bully and they will need arms too which I hope to do tomorrow but in the meantime, here's some doodles I did of possible loadouts of the little fellows a few years back:

 Minions

Crawlers

In other news, the small order I placed with World of Twilight has arrived so I'll need to have a good look through the packs and rulebook and I'll post my thoughts on it in the next day or two and may even have a bash at painting one of the little chaps!

World of Twilight Gubbins

I've also got the first five of my Kuld miniatures sculpted and primed and I should have pics of them tomorrow too as I continue on my exploration of interesting settings!

I've found that listening to an audiobook (Just finished Agatha Christie's The Murder of Roger Ackroyd) whilst sculpting has been most productive so I'll have to see what I can come up with so watch this space.

In the meantime, All the best!

5 comments:

  1. Their look and feel sure is darker than red Trine's guys.

    They have hints of castle crashers (videogame) bad guys, the barbarians with some gladiator stuff, maybe cryx from warmachine.

    Looking good so far!

    Cheers.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. They are the villains so are a bit more Mad Max than the rest of my Robots!

      I was originally inspired by watching Robostory, a wonderful (I think it was French) cartoon in the 80's which was what originally got me inspired to build my own robots, even if it took about 20 years!

      Delete
  2. Great work. I like the concepts a lot. How do you get the green stuff so smooth?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I wet my tools with a bit of spit! It's a bit gribbly but seems to to the job! I've also added a tiny bit of Fimo to the mix from time to time which gives a smoother consistency than just greenstuff and it still cures fine, although it does take longer to do so.

      Delete
  3. They got a bit of a medieval villain minions videogame look to them that I quite like. Especially the Crawler is a really cool concept.

    ReplyDelete