Thursday 9 April 2020

Lockdown Day 17

Hi!

Today I have finished a bit of scenery!

Mighty Magic Mushroom

I picked up a box of nine plaster mushrooms in three different designs from Lidl last year for about £3.00 and I've finally got round to painting one. The detail isn't fantastic but they do the job for scenery.

I just realised that I based them with brown/desert colour when they are more likely to be used with Leviathan which has my black and brown basing but hey ho!

I've also got a quick pic of my Goblin army thus far:


I'm really pleased with the progress I've made on the little guys but do think I need some more infantry to really flesh out the force a wee bit. I may need to scratch build some of the rarer Gobbo gubbins, be they pump wagons, Doom Divers, or Squigs but we shall see how I get on!

Hopefully I'll have a bit of an update tomorrow with some of the other gubbins I have been working on but I can't believe how much progress I've made over the last two weeks of being locked down!

In the meantime, All the best!

3 comments:

  1. You've made an impressive amount of models! The toadstool works really well. I don't think something like that needs a lot of detail: it's striking enough as it is. Keep up the good work!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Toadstools are toadstools and I don't think they need much more detail than the ones here in your post. You could try glueing some flakes on top, but they look great anyhow. They also match up better with the rest of your terrain this way.

    Love the goblin warband so far, but got a bit excited when you mentioned you're going to (maybe) scratchbuild a pump wagon. As you've already made some 15mm squigs I think these will be done rather quickly.

    ReplyDelete