Sunday 26 April 2020

Lockdown Day 34

Hi!

Here's the latest additions to my Rusty Robots project!

The Lone Star Oil Shack

I put together the Lone Star from two small cardboard boxes and a lot of cardboard, some plastic gubbins and plasticard that I had lying around and am rather pleased with how it's turned out!


The Lone Star Oil Shack is the purveyor of the finest hot oil anywhere in The Scrapyard and as such has managed to avoid getting shot up too badly by any of the squabbling tribes. It has proved to be a handy neutral meeting place for robots from any tribe or none to come and have some Black Gold Roast Oil and relax before heading out into The Scrapyard for a hard day's foraging.

It has proved so popular that new branches, each identical to the original have sprung up in many communities and there is rumblings from older robots that it is putting old fashioned Greasy Spoons out of business and attracts entirely too many Hipsterbots.


I wasn't sure what colour to paint the Lone Star initially but just let it go and quite like the blue and red combination alongside the rusted metal as I imagine the robots who inhabit The Scrapyard to use whatever paint they can find lying around and slapping it on.


It also gives me a higher vantage point for robots to take potshots at one another and will need to build some outraged Hipsters to inhabit it and maybe some Scutter's to carry beverages to its patrons...

I also found some old Games Workshop plastic barrels to act as some scenic debris and painted them up quickly too:

Rusty Barrels

Nothing too fancy with the paint, just a drybrush of grey and then lots of washes of various browns and a wee bit of mustard to highlight.

My settlement is starting to come together now as I slowly construct suitably rusty terrain for my Robots to fight over:

I think I'll need to add some civilians and more buildings, be they workshops, shacks of various sizes or whatnot but it's rather therapeutic just bodging terrain and I keep getting more ideas too which is always fun!

K-12 and Co prepare to imbibe a cup of J0-e, finest blend Oil

I've got more gubbins to post tomorrow so watch this space but in the meantime, All the best!

4 comments:

  1. Lovely work. It looks excellent.

    ReplyDelete
  2. What Toby said. Fantastic rust effects!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Great build, shame there are no WIP shots 😉. Love your colours.

    ReplyDelete