Thursday 16 April 2020

Lockdown Day 24

Hi!

I've managed to complete the first of my Red Tribe Rusty Robots!

Forgeguard K-12 


Armed with a Firepike the Forgeguard are the professional soldiery of the Red Tribe and can be found guarding their Forgetowns and trading caravans. Built from a MK3a casing and equipped with sturdy armour plate, Forgeguard are doughty soldiers who are capable of holding their own against most of the more common denizens of The Scrapyard. 

K-12 is currently taking part in an excavation of scrap in the Rusted Mesa south of Wreck Valley.

Many moons ago, whilst at university, I sculpted a series of dumpy little robots and set about creating a world for them to live in. Sadly real life got in the way and with work commitments I never got much further than writing and doodling and making the odd stab at the little chaps. 

Handily the Lockdown has meant I have had a wee bit of spare time so I've set about making a small party of Red Tribe robots to explore The Scrapyard!

Here's the original concept art for a Forgeguard Robot:


Over the years I've managed to write something like a hundred thousand words on the world, its inhabitants and whatnot but I really wanted to make a go at bringing it to life and have decided that my next mini project will be to put together and paint two small forces to fight over valuable scrap in the wilds of The Scrapyard, a planet spanning dump located in a less salubrious sector of space and promptly abandoned to it's own devices by the supposedly intelligent races who created the mess.

Exploring The Scrapyard

I even set up a blog back in the day just for the goings on but never really got it going so maybe now is the time to do something about it.

Starting tomorrow, I think I'll post an article a day over there, be it sketches, background gubbins or whatever random stuff I can.

 Red Tribe Scrapbot

In the meantime, All the best!

7 comments:

  1. I'm always down with people sculping their own s*it. Congrats, really nice.

    BTW looks like bad robot (TV series movie creators) mascot had a child with Rivet Wars minis (see clockwork soldiers).

    https://vignette.wikia.nocookie.net/rivetwars/images/3/3e/Clockwork_Soldiers.jpg/revision/latest?cb=20140119112611

    Cheers.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great to see the rusty robots again! Looking forward to whatever you post.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Nice to see more robots! All the artwork is cool, but that bottom picture is particularly excellent.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Like the idea for the setting and your robot creations are awesome too, if not a bit adorable.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Red Tribe Scrapbot is just so friggin' cool!!!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Thanks for the comments folks!

    I'm hoping to get the Rusty Robots blog up and running soon (once I find my notebook of scribblings which I seem to have mislaid during the tidying of my Mancave!)

    ReplyDelete