Saturday 11 April 2020

Lockdown Day 19

Hi!

I've finally finished all the miniatures that come in the Deadloque boxed set!

 Gerard's Survivors

I really enjoyed this project and have managed to paint two 28mm figures a day over the last couple of days to get them all done while the mojo was there and I'm really pleased with how they turned out!

These survivors on the retreat from Moskova during the bone chilling winter in the Witchlands has really been a pleasure to paint with their ragged but still splendid uniforms and chunky character.

 Scavenging for supplies

With the boxed set completed, I need to get some more terrain painted up to represent the hostile frozen landscape of the Witchlands for Gerard and his ragtag band to flee from the encroaching undead menace of the Star Wraiths horde!

Undead Attack!

I've even had a rummage through my bits boxes to see if I have any more decent proxies kicking about to represent suitable denizens of that terrible realm and will post some pics as I get things completed.

Hopefully I'll manage to continue with the success of painting as this is the first completely painted boxed set I think I've ever managed to paint in the last 25 plus years of gaming so I may have to toast my success and hope for more of the same!

We shall have to see what I manage to paint next but it's been rather a lot of fun working on such a great little project which has cheered me up greatly during the lockdown. 

All the best for now and I'll post more gubbins tomorrow!

6 comments:

  1. Well done and thanks for the update.

    Stay safe and thanks for the inspiration.

    Tony

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Many thanks for the comments!

      I must admit that the posts you've done on Flintloque over the years have been a real inspiration to me!

      Delete
  2. Congratulations on the milestone! I set it for myself every year as part of my annual Challenge but never seem to get there...

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks!

      I will have to see if I can build on the success to get my 6mm scale and 2mm scale stuff finished and work through a load of the other gubbins I have had lying around for donkeys...

      Delete
    2. Thanks!

      I will have to see if I can build on the success to get my 6mm scale and 2mm scale stuff finished and work through a load of the other gubbins I have had lying around for donkeys...

      Delete
  3. Congratulations, they're very colourful and far more detailed than I thought.

    ReplyDelete