Sunday 5 April 2020

Lockdown Day 13

Hi!

I'm busy having a clearout of the mancave which means my table is currently in pieces and books are strewn literally everywhere as we attempt to bring order from the chaos but I have managed to grab a quick photo of my 6mm Goblin characters:

L to R, Shaman, Warlord, Boss

I went for some round bases and gave the tiny guys some suitably big banners which should give them a bit more visual impact, and indeed identifiability on the battlefield. My warband now has a Warlord riding a chariot, a shaman with properly starry sigils on his robe and a boss to act as a somewhat disloyal underling to my warboss!

I had been tempted to paint the warboss as Grom the Paunch but will need to convert a suitable ride for him and give him a teeny axe to wave about to make it really visually pleasing and may yet convert one to really give my army a big boss character!



I have only got a few more bases to paint for this project and it will be officially done which is really exciting but looking at the force I have, I realise I really need some more infantry so I may bite the bullet and place a small order with Irregular Miniatures to give me what I need to have a fully formed army...

On a side note, I used my phone to take the pic of the Goblins as I've found it's got a better macro setting than my wifes camera which is better for larger scale shots so I will try to get photos of all my 6mm stuff up along with some 2mm pics in the next day or two. 

I've also finally finished my last Deadloque Zombie musketeer which is rather exciting as that will be a complete unit that I've painted (admittedly it has taken me over a year!) which is rather refreshing to have completed something! I'll need to work on my Ferach next but in the meantime, All the best!

4 comments:

  1. Really nice job on those bannaz!

    Some more posts like this and I'll start collecting Epic scale stuff...

    ReplyDelete
  2. Your banners are marvelous, good to see more of your goblins. That Grom the Paunch chariot would be an amazing conversion!

    ReplyDelete