Tuesday 6 April 2021

Lockdown 2.0 Project Log Day 103: Building a Narrative Campaign

 Hi!

I mentioned yesterday that I was going to be posting a review of Brutal Quest today but I remembered that I've got a physical copy of the book heading my way so figured it would be a plan to hold off on the review until the book arrives rather than just reviewing the PDF.

Adventuring Party

Instead I want to take a look at building a narrative campaign or quest for my fantasy figures. Brutal Quest has a really nice little campaign system with the ability to advance your character and includes some RPG elements to bring out of game events to life which reminds me of Warhammer Quest's between dungeon travel and town activities which were always interesting to say the least!

What I hope to do is run my own campaign with a series of interlinked scenarios where the actions from one can carry over to the next, somewhat like Rangers of Shadowdeep where it's not just about slaying monsters but about searching for clues that will unlock the mysterious events that alter the subsequent scenarios and have an impact on the whole campaign.

Mawlings

I've spent a bit of time today getting stuff sculpted and making a start on the first scenario I plan on playing and hope to be able to get it completed and then post it up here in the next couple of days. I've currently got loads of random small monsters and a couple of warbands but am keen to keep adding to my collection with more interesting stuff.

In sci-fi news, I've got a couple of pieces on the painting table which I hope to have finished for tomorrows update and hopefully I'll be able to get a game or two in as well but in the meantime, All the best!

4 comments:

  1. Very excited to see what’s coming soon.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks!

      I've got about 30-40 different sculpts finished which I'll be getting painted once my bases arrive!

      Delete