Tuesday 3 July 2012

Stuff From the Leadpile 5

Hi!

I've just finished a couple more Barbarians for my Sons of Kronos force for Chronopia. Although they were painted previously they needed a lot of work to get them up to standard and repair the damage caused by careless storage:

 Barbarian Hero

The barbarian hero is a limited release from the now defunct Harbinger magazine. Despite the whole magazine being a fiasco, going bust just after I had subscribed, the figures they released were really rather nice. Sadly this is the only one that I have left but he does the job for a truly heroic individual for my barbarians and towers over the rest of the force (he's on a 40mm base!)

Viridian Lord

Next up theres a Viridian Lord, this is a beautiful model produced by Target and in game terms they are heroes who have gone to be one with the Earth goddess who keeps them slumbering, buried under sacred groves. In game terms they are real monsters capable of taking quite a bit of damage while their strength makes them really nasty in close combat and they can even throw the axes giving them real damage at range!

Heres a picture of all the barbarians I have painted thus far:

Barbarians!

As you can see, the hero is huge! At present I have almost enough barbarians to field a decent Song of Blades warband but will be expanding it eventually to include all the other models I have until theres enough to play Chronopia or No Quarter with.

I find myself up and about at 6am for some reason and have been thinking about what I am going to do about getting some games that own played and have decided that I am going to draft up some 500 point forces for each game which will give me something to work towards.

Some of these, like Song of Blades, Chronopia, No Quarter and Crucible will be pretty interchangeable as the basing is identical and smaller forces like this are not uncommon. For Warhammer however, I am going to have to create a specific force as they need to be based up on square bases rather than round. 

This is a little bit of a bind as they won't have the same cross game use as I really don't like mixing base shapes. Having looked at the Mantic Dwarves I had been planning on using, I just can't bring myself to do it as they are too similar and I have no doubt I would be bored to tears painting them all. Therefore I am going to hold off for a while and search through my miniatures to see if I can locate the genesis of an army or two using older metal models. 

Sadly I am on a self imposed ban from buying any more figures until I paint up all the stuff I have in my lead pile at present and thats enough to keep me busy for months to come, not to mention the stash I have at my parents house! Hopefully I will have enough to get me sorted out and keep me entertained as well as completing a force or two which will finally allow me to play some of the games I have collected throughout the years!

All the best!

No comments:

Post a Comment