Wednesday 4 July 2012

Lead Pile Appraisal

Hi!

Well I have spent much of the morning either stripping paint off of miniatures or sorting out my lead pile and have found I have the following bits and bobs currently:

Sci-fi Gubbins


7 Syntha Prosthene Marines
7 Assault T Synths
8 Assault Androsynths
7 Tactical Androsynths
5 Syntha Marines
1 Syntha Jetbike
1 Light Syntha Grav Tank
23 Assorted Catachan Imperial Guard 
6 Metal Orks
19 Plastic Orks (plus about 60 of the one piece Orks and Gretchen from the 2nd edition box set)
5 Em4 Miniatures Plastic Troopers
3 Cadian Imperial Guard
2 Ramshackle Games Resin Figures
2 Kryomek Talos Units
1 Ramshackle Games Brass Coffin

Fantasy Gubbins

7 Sons of Kronos Hearthguard
7 Sons of Kronos Blade Maidens
6 Grenadier Barbarians
5 Dwarf Thunderers
5 Dwarf Warriors
1 Ral Partha Balrog
3 Snotlings
4 Chronopia Devout Swordsmen
10 Citadel/Harlequin Goblins
1 Goblin Wolf Rider (no mount)
1 Leviathan Orc Beastrider
2 Leviathan Resin Organ Guns
1 Leviathan Wargolem
1 Mage Knight Metal Iron Golem
20 Mantic Dwarves
5 Hasslefree Ladies

As you can see I have lots to keep me entertained painting wise over the next few months but looking at it I have the core of 2 sci-fi forces and 1 fantasy one.

Irksomely I don't currently have the bits and bobs I was wanting to work on (isn't it always the way?) in the form of enough Dwarves to start the Crucible/Warhammer Dwarf army I mentioned the other day. Yes I could use the Mantic Dwarves but I just can't face painting that many near identical figures. I think the solution is going to be to cheat!

I know for a fact I have a fair number of Dwarves and even Goblins in my parents attic so I will continue painting up what I have between packing up and hopefully once we move I will be able to flesh out the force somewhat. In the meantime I do have almost a full Sons of Kronos force for Chronopia so I will concentrate on getting them all painted up and ready as well as doing a bit of work on my Syntha who will be doing double duty as Cybertronic corporate troops in Warzone (I am currently finishing painting the first as we speak!)

Whats really saddening is that I have over the last 3-4 years sold off so much stuff that I now really miss! Hindsight is a great thing but I would highly recommend to anyone thinking of selling off some of their unpainted lead to think VERY carefully about it first. In my case I didn't have much choice as it helped pay the bills but even then I bitterly regret doing it as my collection had some real gems in it and now I am reduced to the bits and bobs I have kicking around or picked up on a whim in rummage bins from local gaming stores...

Oh well! We live and learn and in future I think I am going to be a bit more careful about getting rid of stuff.

All the best!

No comments:

Post a Comment