Monday 23 July 2012

And Relax (Sort of)

Hi!

Well we are still unpacking but the workshop is beginning to take shape and joy of joy, I have enough space for a small gaming table so no more packing up and moving all my stuff at the drop of a hat!

In other news I found a copy of the 4th/5th edition White Dwarf Presents: Chaos Dwarves on Scribd and spent a bit of time perusing it. I do like the background they developed for the twisted kin of all true dwarves and the fact that they went for a bit of a Babylonian or Assyrian theme with the Chaos Dwarves worshipping a great bull god.

Chaos Dwarf Big Hat Overload

I must admit I am getting a hankering for some Chaotic Stunties and they may eventually get a small detachment of their own. I suspect I will avoid the big hatted ones though as despite their cartoony charm, they are simply just too expensive to even contemplate buying into!

Chaos Dwarf Blunderbuss Regiment

I prefer the older warped looking Dwarves of the previous edition but they too have become far too expensive to collect so I will have to find a cheaper alternative. It reminded me of the topic over on REALM OF CHAOS which raises the tricky question of just how much folks are willing to spend on their collecting. Personally I am on a super tight budget of about £15 a month so just cannot justify spending that amount of cash on a single figure. 

I spotted that there was a unit of 12 old Chaos Dwarves selling over on Ebay for rather a lot of money and the big hatted ones are even more pricy so I will be looking for a budget option. I must admit that some of the Bob Olley Dwarves available from Reaper and Mega Miniatures look like decent proxies and theres also the rather excellent TITAN WARGAMES miniatures which are well worth a look too for a combination of the old weird and newer Babylonian. 

Still I must stay strong and resist the urge to buy!

All the best!

No comments:

Post a Comment