Saturday 28 July 2012

Claymore!

Hi!

Alas I still haven't finished unpacking my miniatures yet and the paints are lurking at the bottom of a heroic pile of boxes and bags still needing sorting through but I have taken a small amount of hobby related shenanigans by continuing my perusal of the old issues of White Dwarf I have unearthed which has got me lusting after Epic once again!

 Epic 2nd Edition!

Sadly I think that its going to be quite a bit of time before I can afford to buy anything but with Edinburghs Claymore show looming, I am hopeful of picking up some goodies!

Sadly ebay is as ever offering most Epic stuff these days at ludicrous prices but I hope to be able to have a good rummage through the bring and buy and 2nd hand stuff that can be found at wargames shows in hopes of picking up one or two bits and pieces to get me going!

In the Far Future there are only bright colours

I am thinking of proxying much of the infantry but many of the vehicles are rather iconic in their own rights so I will have to see what I can do with the need to pick up the box sets pretty high on the requirements as I do love the piles of cards and tokens that came with the original 2nd edition!

While on the subject of old(ish) school gaming, I am also going to be keeping my eyes peeled for any other suitable bits and bobs to add to my lead pile. I know I have tried manfully to resist the urge to buy but I think its going to be the only show I get to this year at least and as my spending on figures has been so limited over the last 12 months or so (looking back I have only spent about £20 over the last year!) I think I can afford to wander in with £20-30 to spend in hopes of picking up some bargains!
Speaking of bargains, I was in my local scrap yard today which has an old shed which contains lots of old books to buy and during the perusal of this found some old White Dwarf magazines, some old gaming mags called Game Master (not to be confused with the computer games rag Games Master) and even an original Deathwing scenario book, all for the princely sum of £1. 

Even more handily they are all old school and have articles about 3rd edition Fantasy Battle in them apart from the Deathwing book!

Once I get the chance I will scan them in for folks to take a peek at!

All the best!

3 comments:

  1. I'll be at Claymore and so will fellow blogger Lead Legion so lets catch up and arrange a modest oldhammer game once we have a few units to field.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ah my favorite edition, although I still have the original Space Marine Epic's first addition. Cover art's great.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I should be there too. I also have a copy of Space Marine, the Imperial, Ork and Squat Warlords, and Chaos/Eldar supplements that I don't feel any particular attachment too. ;-)

    ReplyDelete