Sunday 1 July 2012

A Plethora of Rulesets

Hi!

My recent return to 28mm scale gaming has got me hankering after playing some 28mm scale games!

At present my ruleset of choice is Song of Blades which is a brilliant small scale skirmish game but I also want to investigate some of the other games I have had kicking around for years.

First up theres Warhammer Fantasy Battle 3rd Edition, the daddy for old school gaming at the moment.


Of all the games I own its probably the most complex but I really want to have a bash at playing it, if for no other reason to see what the fuss is all about!

Next theres Chronopia, a personal favorite of mine which is sadly out of production but is still a brilliant ruleset and it has the added bonus that I have an almost complete army for it.


Following that theres Crucible; Conquest of the Final Realm. It was produced by FASA shortly before it closed down and has some really nice concepts and an unusual range of figures to boot:


On top of that I also have a copy of Bladestorm which is an interesting cross between RPG and wargame which I have tried out in the past and has some real possibilities:


Following that theres Leviathan, a game I spent three years working on to no avail! Despite myself I think I am going to have a bash at it as I love the setting and the rules themselves are good.


Finally theres No Quarter, a freely available ruleset that allows you to use any miniatures from your collection. Its got some good mechanics and is well worth a peek!

Hopefully over the next couple of months I will be able to get enough painted up to try out some of these  great games!

All the best!

No comments:

Post a Comment