Saturday 13 February 2021

Lockdown 2.0 Project Log Day 50: Smallhammer!

 Hi!

I've had a bit of a ponder about my ongoing hankering for some fantasy mass battle type gaming and have decided to have a go at a Smallhammer style game. 

Instead of playing using 28mm, I've settled on 15mm as it's got a good level of detail but is still cheaper than 28mm and will allow me to actually play a decent sized game on a small table.

I plan on using the setting of Crucible, a fantasy version of the conquest of the New World. Rules wise, I'm not sure what I'll be using but the scale should allow me to use whatever armies I fancy without spending a fortune. For example, if I want to play using Chronopia rules, I'll need about 10-15 figures but if I'm using Crucible, I'll need 40-50 whilst Warhammer 50-100! This approach will give me a way of scaling up games from small skirmishes on the frontiers to pitched battles featuring whole regiments.


Long lost 15mm infantry!

I'm going to post a bit of background tomorrow alongside the approach I'm going to take to figures but I'll need to place a small order for square bases today as I've had a good look and have only got a handful left so will need to stock up from Warbases and I'm also going to order some Javis green flock to give me a rather fun retro finish to my collection.

In the meantime, All the best!

2 comments:

  1. I’m always amazed at what people can do with 15 mm models. The ones above look great! I tried some a long time ago, but it wasn’t for me. These days I’m having trouble seeing the details on the 28-30 mm guys!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Its actually pretty easy as you can get away without painting details as from the tabletop, they still look good!

      Delete