Thursday 11 February 2021

Lockdown 2.0 Project Log Day 48: Forest Spirit

 Hi!

I had a bit of a rummage around yesterday in search of a new figure to paint and found another Gormiti toy that was a likely candidate:


I really enjoyed painting him up and the simple details made for a really pleasing evenings painting. He's on a 40mm base so stands roughly ogre sized and he'll make a good random encounter in any fantasy game I try to play.


I tried a different painting effect for his base, using Polyfilla and building up a bit of texture but I feel it's a bit bland so will probably end up covering it with flock like the rest of my figures but having painted him, I'm now eying up one or two more to add to the to paint pile.

I've also been playing about with some Warhammer Quest type tiles and quite like how they've turned out but I'll need to make an awful lot more of them to make a decent sized dungeon for adventuring types to get lost in.

Several years ago now I picked up some Mantic Dwarf figures and promptly put them in a box and more or less forgot about them. Yesterday I picked up one to have a bash at painting him up but after 2-3 hours of daubing, I eventually gave up and must admit that the rest have gone in the bin as they're just not worth the effort to get them looking half decent. 

I'm still swithering about some mass battle Fantasy gaming but will post more on that tomorrow. In the meantime, All the best!

No comments:

Post a Comment