Monday 8 February 2021

Lockdown 2.0 Project Log Day 45: Xenos Grafter

Hi!

Here's todays, addition to my collection, a Xenos Grafter!


He's originally an alien from Four A Miniatures but I seem to have lost his arm so ended up using an old Kryomek Talos Powerfist instead and handily it fitted perfectly!

Game wise, he will represent a random, alien encounter for my Inquisitorial agents. Is he the unfortunate result of genetic tinkering gone horribly wrong, a Kryomek/human hybrid or simply a local who is really cross about having an arm hacked off and replaced with a primitive piece of cybernetics?


I experimented a bit with grey in this and quite like how it gives an unhealthy pallor to the flesh of the Xenos and I'll have to use the technique again in future. Sadly the constant snow today has resulted in rubbish lighting so getting a decent photo was a bit of a pain so apologies!

The course of my lockdown project thus far has involved painting up all manner of random gubbins which has been really fun but isn't really progressing the possibility of getting any meaningful games in which is something I really need to take a look at as while it's meant that I have started making a respectable dent in my lead pile of randomness, I've not really succeeded in putting together and sort of force.

The painter in me isn't too bothered as I've made all sorts of interesting terrain and painted lots of stuff that has caught my fancy but I really want to play some games and with the random selection I've painted thus far, it's a bit of a stretch to actually be able to pull together the disparate elements into any sort of cohesive force. 

This has got me thinking about what I can do to solve this. Part of the problem is that much of my remaining collection is the left overs that I couldn't shift from my big university clear out of 2008 so there isn't really enough of any one thing to construct much more than small adventuring groups from. Now I don't want to go buying loads of random tat just for the sake of buying something ooh so shiny and new but I do wonder if I couldn't make a small purchase to give me enough to build a nice, themed little warband.

I'm going to go off and have a think about what I am wanting to do and will post some sort of hopefully not too rambling a post tomorrow about it. In the meantime, All the best!

2 comments:

  1. That's quite an interesting mini, and he way you solved the arm issue works really great. I can't tell about your light an so, but the skin looks amazing, I really like it!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Andrew Coleman's 4A Miniatures has a really great and eclectic selection of figures in it. Sadly I think his website is down at the moment but he's active on Facebook and the Lead Adventure forum.

      He's a lovely chap too and very passionate about miniatures!

      Delete