Friday 19 February 2021

Lockdown 2.0 Day 56: Supplemental Scenery Progress

 Hi!

Well I've got the basic shape for my rebuild sci-fi structure done and when all the glues dried I'll remove the last pins and fasten the upper storey on.


Once the basics are finished, I'll be getting onto the most fun part, namely detailing the whole thing! I am going to alter things a wee bit from the original as I plan on adding a raised walkway and more refined doorways and windows. I also plan on adding a railing around the structure as it's a bit odd having accessible rooftops without a means to stop folks from plunging off of them, or maybe the far future doesn't have a health and safety team...

Its shaping up to be a rather large structure which will make a good settlement op-centre once it's finished and alongside the other odds and ends of scenery I've got done over the last few weeks, I'm going to have a really nice, dense sci-fi board.

In other news, I've got the Red Building finished for Mordheim, its another basic structure but will do for gaming and I'll need to make some ladders to allow access to the upper levels. I'm also planning on making some boxes and stuff to add interest to the interiors and am contemplating adding on some graffiti and wanted posters.


The two buildings side by side are looking alright but I must admit that the first one I made is a better construction as the windows on the new one are a bit big and the thicker cardboard I used for wooden planking and whatnot is a bit more believable so I may go back to the Red House to add some more detailing.


Finally, I picked up a 60cmx40cm pinboard from Home Bargains for the princely sum of £1.99 today and used a sheet of patterned vinyl that I'd picked up from Poundland when I was at uni but never used to give it an interesting finish. I plan on using this for a small scale skirmish board and the other side will have a green Javis grass sheet for 6mm fantasy.

Rummaging my materials, I've realised that I have a grey vinyl sheet lying around which will get used on a second board at some point in the future for an urban board!

Hopefully tomorrow will see some more miniatures finished as I've been working on my 15mm scale Humies today and am really enjoying working on them too and I've got enough to allow me to try out several small games and will post updates as I go.

In the meantime, All the best!

No comments:

Post a Comment