Friday 1 January 2021

Lockdown 2.0 Project Log Day 7

 Hi!

No miniatures today I'm afraid, although I have loads of bits and bobs in the works, be it sculpts of my own or Flintloque stuff.

Instead I've been playing around with Leviathan and trying out some concepts that I've had floating around for a while now.


I just don't have the space for big boards and tons of figures at the moment so I'm using cardboard counters to represent units in a somewhat smaller scale (something between 6 and 15mm I suspect) to give me the chance to put the original rules through their paces and create new units to try out. 

Here's a 2000 point Elf force for example:

The force consists of a bunch of infantry supported by cavalry, warbeasts and some summoned nasties and I will eventually have enough stuff to represent any force that I fancy which isn't too bad for the cost of some coloured card and some pens.

It's not as visually pleasing as actual miniatures but in the current lockdown and furlough, cheap is good! 

I plan on posting up a battle report featuring my new Elves against either Orcs or Dwarves and will post my experiences over on my Leviathan blog in the next day or two. I plan to get a day of playtesting in to really give each force a good shakedown as the last time I played, the Elves were frighteningly nimble whilst the Dwarves use of heavily armoured vehicles and lots of long range firepower gave each a very different style of play.

Speaking of which, I keep finding myself tinkering with how the game runs and forces are put together as I like the multi base approach for a mass battle game with lots of big beasties and am finding it more similar to a sci-fi game than fantasy as there's a lot of interesting options to play around with for ranged combat and an assortment of other gubbins that I hope to cover in greater depth another time.

It's been a week and I am finding myself being fairly productive with the lockdown induced hobbying and will see if I can keep up the content going forward!

In the meantime, All the best!

No comments:

Post a Comment