Saturday 16 January 2021

Lockdown 2.0 Project Log Day 22: Imperial Guard Proxies

 Hi!

I've just finished off my third Imperial Guard proxy trooper in the form of a pistol toting chap, again from the plastic Trooper set from EM4 miniatures.


Like the other two guys, I've painted in the same scheme, he's not the best or most detailed sculpt in the world but he's good enough to act as a proxy to old school Imperial Guard.

For £2.55 for five figures, you can't go far wrong, the only downside is that three figures come with pistols and only two with rifles so in order to get a full squad of rifle toting troops, you'd need more packs. Saying that, as I plan on playing small skirmishes, the fact that many of the troops are going to be toting pistols isn't too much of a burden.


Eventually these guys will get some reinforcements to give me goons, henchmen, militia or whatever other mooks I want my forces to fight against and following the early previews of what you need for Stargrave, they'll quite possibly see use there too.


I've got a few bits and bobs on the paint table at the moment but I've just spent an hour or so stripping paint and goop from the tub of figures I mentioned previously and will show some of the odds and ends I've finished cleaning tomorrow. 

In the meantime, All the best!

4 comments:

  1. They are sweet!
    And I don't mean painting only but the whole concept.
    Almost forgot how supercool oldie EM4 sculpts really are.
    Must dig out my troopers sometimes... 😎

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Many thanks!

      I may pick up some more and paint them grey ala the original Rogue Trader Imperials!

      Delete
  2. Maybe they not the the best or most detailed minis, but your paintjob certainly helps them pop! I really like what you did here. I’ll have to keep it in mind for my own stargrave games.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Many thanks!

      I've been eyeing up some of the Mantic troops to try out as Imperials too!

      Delete