Thursday 28 January 2021

Lockdown 2.0 Project Log Day 34: Inquisitorial Agents and Eldar

 Hi!

As promised, I've got a few more miniatures finished for my ongoing Rogue Trader project.

First up, there's my next Inquisitorial agent, this time a Mechanicus Adept:

Adeptus Mechanicus Adept Vash Hammersworn

Vash Hammersworn is a youthful tech adept and was born on Farpoint and learned his skills at the mining settlements and forges that litter the world. He is impetuous and hot headed but usually sunny of nature but has the ability to draw chaos and mayhem wherever he goes. He wears partial carapace and has a conversion field built into it. His primary weapon is a powerhammer of his own design, Foe Smasher and he also sports a trusty Paxbringer stub pistol.

He was recruited by Inquisitor Frost when she met him in Freeport City, the capitol and spaceport of Farpoint when she visited his workshop in search of repairs on one of her security droids. His skill impressed Frost and she offered him a job on her staff then and there. They have been working together for six months and despite almost constant bickering, they are an effective team.
 

Vash is originally another Warmachine caster who had lost his sword so I sculpted new hands and gave him a spare hammer from the Mantic Dwarf sprue. He got his name after my wife pointed out he bears a passing likeness to Vash the Stampede from Trigun.

Next up, theres the first of my Craftworld Eldar:


I ended up going for a Iyanden colour scheme as I have lots of walkers and it fits in with the background. I gave him lots and lots of thin coats to get as smooth a finish as possible and like how he turned out and will need to get some more of his kin painted up.

I've spent a bit of time over the last couple of days working on my Goff Orks too, be it rebasing some of the older stuff or painting up more gubbins that I've had part done since the last lockdown so should have some more to show tomorrow. 

I've also got some buildings under construction which I'm hoping to finish off this evening too which I hope to get pictures of when I've got it sorted too but in the meantime, All the best!

4 comments:

  1. Really nice work on all of them. Iyanden must be about as old-school as it gets with Eldar, along with Alaitoc. That's a great conversion on the chap with the hammer. Some of the old Warmachine models work well in 40k.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Many thanks!

      I had been tempted by some of the other craftworlds for a colour scheme but found Iyenden a more satisfying option, especially as I've been painting a lot of red lately!

      Delete
  2. Lovely clean paint work on those. Especially like the Eldar warrior.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Many thanks!

      I really need to invest in some new paint as my old Ral Patha paints are on their last legs but I love their colours, despite the fact their coverage is decidedly poor!

      Delete