Tuesday 24 May 2022

Blogging Woes! UPDATE Problem Possibly Solved!

 Hi!

I've been blogging for about ten years now and from time to time issues crop up but I must admit that the newest updates to Blogger has resulted in me wondering if the company actually wants people to use it.

Gone is the classic interface that was easy to use, no longer can you add text boxes without having to add coding (something that I'm rubbish at!) and now I find myself unable to leave comments on not only other peoples blog but my own!

I do want to apologise for the lack of replies to all the lovely comments I've been getting here and indeed not being able able to post to anyone else.

Hopefully it will sort itself out but I've tried all the suggested fixes, such as emptying the cache and updating the browser but I must admit this is becoming rather tiresome and I'm not sure what else I can do to fix it but if anyone has any suggestions, I'd love to hear them as Tales From Farpoint has been my outlet into the hobby for a decade now and I don't really want to have to start all over again on a different platform.

All the best and apologies for the tech babble!

UPDATE!

My exceedingly talented wife got tired of me moaning about Blogger so had a look at it and has fixed the issue in about a minute flat! HUZZAH!!

17 comments:

  1. That is pretty naff of them if you ask me. I stopped using their App a long time ago because of it being awkward to use. But i have not had any problems with regular blogger spot website on my PC. It's about time I posted something other than a video to give it a test.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It appears that web browsers have a built in popup and redirect blocker which effects comments on Blogger which is pretty annoying. Fortunately my wife, who is infinitely more tech savvy than me seems to have fixed it but its still really annoying!

      Delete
    2. Where would we be with out them? Good to see that the problem got figured out.

      Delete
    3. Indeed! She's been a life saver as I was beginning to despair about ever being able to respond to comments!

      Delete
  2. Testing. Testing. 123! Huzzah! It looks like my amazing wife has sorted the tech issue so fingers crossed, I'll be able to post as usual again!

    ReplyDelete
  3. for me no problems using the pc version. never used the app. Please don't stop :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Fingers crossed, the issue has been solved (ie two weeks of me flailing ineffectually and less than a minute of my wife coming and sorting out the issue with literally two clicks on the computer!)

      Delete
  4. I'm with you mate 😕
    I've also been running bloggy for over 10 years now and really don't want to leave it. Sadly all those social media platforms makes bloggers write for themselves mostly. Oh well - that makes us part of elite club! 😁

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yeah, blogger has been great over the years and I've loved the experience and stumbling across so many fascinating gaming blogs in the time.

      Sadly many of them have been lacking updates over the last few years, partly at least due to Bloggers weird updates that seem to complicate things rather than keeping the platform easily usable!

      Delete
  5. Good to hear that it's sorted out! Did you draw that picture, or is it by the chap who created Hellboy?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm pleased as punch!

      The picture is by a Swedish chap I think who did a lot of the original Mutant Chronicles illustrations back in the 90's but its got a really great Mike Mignola vibe to it!

      Delete
  6. I feel your pain, I've had my share of Blogger issues too! I haven't solved every probem, but I think my blog is functional, which is something. Good to know you're online again :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yeah, the current blogger is a bit of a pain but I shall persevere!

      Delete
  7. Yah, the blogger updates are super annoying. Glad to see you keep with blogging. Maybe the tech problems help explain some of the blogging attrition over the last few years.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I think they changed from old blogger to an updated version that was universally derided a few years back so they brought back the Legacy Blogger option to pacify people before about turning and switching it off again.

      That seems to have coincided with the decline in some of the wargaming blogs that had been trundling along quite happily for years.

      I know some folks blogs I followed went onto their own websites but sadly a few have passed away.

      Delete
  8. Hopefully the problems are solved! I've found the biggest issue is on iOS devices. I can easily create a blog, but the security on the comments gives it issues. Fortunately I have another machine I can comment from.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Sadly I only have a Mac but it seems to be working now so fingers crossed!

      Delete