Wednesday 24 June 2020

Lockdown Day 93: A Tale of Four 15mm Gamers

Hi!

Following some interest in my idea for a tale of a solo gamer, I've decided to open it up to others wanting to put together a 15mm scale fantasy army and if there's enough interest, I'll set up a blog for it with each gamer submitting monthly entries for it.



Here's the basic premise:

Over the course of six months to collect and paint a complete fantasy army in 15mm scale.

Once per month post on the blog I shall create your progress for that month.

Maximum spend per month should be £15.00 or equivalent.

There will not be a prize for completing the challenge as it is purely for fun!

Points based system:

Per human sized figure painted: 1 point
Per cavalry figure painted: 3 points
Per large infantry figure painted: 3 points
Per large monster or war engine painted: 5 points

The target for each month will be 20 points which in 15mm scale shouldn't be too difficult to do and I'm aware that with the lockdown easing, hobby time is possibly going to start getting a bit limited out there.

There will also be monthly additions to liven things up, be it creating a character to lead your force or making some scenery for it to move around.

Each force should be created with a mass battle approach in mind so units should be 10+ infantry, 5+ cavalry etc. I'm not too bothered about what ruleset folks plan to use the force for so Warhammer, Warmaster, Kings of War or Dragon Rampant would be examples of the size of forces folks would be painting.

If all goes well, and we get through six months of collecting and painting each gamer will have a shiny new army to show off and use in their games and it will hopefully help to showcase how versatile 15mm is as a scale and possibly even attract a few more folks to try out 15mm gaming!

I may also do a sci-fi one if there's enough interest!

If you are interested in either a fantasy or sci-fi painting challenge, please post here or drop me an email and we shall see how we get on! If there are more than four folks interested in taking part, thats fine too!

5 comments:

  1. Already started to collect stuff from Battle Valor, HOT 15MM FANTASY RANGE, and Demonworld 15mm....building Martian/Barsoom armies

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'd be tempted to sign up, but I've got a ton of 28mm stuff to paint as it is, and I don't think I can justify moving on to another scale!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I'm definitely interested, though I might cheat a bit and instead bulk out my two skirmish forces so they become full fledged armies. Although, I've always wanted a goblin army, ...
    Are conversions allowed?

    ReplyDelete
  4. I’m in! Would love to get my teeth into some 15mm fantasy, it would be a completely fresh start for me but I guess that’s what a tale of gamers is all about. I like the small budget and the motivation it would give me. Would I need to start a blog again? Mostly just use insta these days...wouldn’t be a problem though. Looking forward to getting stuck in if these gets rolling!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Your work on Instagram is amazing, looking forward to see what you can do with 15mm models.

      Delete