Saturday 20 June 2020

Lockdown Day 89: The Pudding Cult Project

Hi!

In order to get back into some 15mm scale sci-fi, I have set myself a bit of a monthly challenge to come up with a theme for a small skirmish force and then build and paint it over the course of the month.

After a bit of thought, I settled on Cultist as the theme as there's always need for some sinister cult for Imperials to squash or Dark Legion infiltrators for the Brotherhood Inquisitors to track down. Similarly there's plenty of games that needs some generic villains for the heroes to battle.


There's also the Red Redemption of Necromunda, fanatical followers of The Emperor and keen to set fire to any heretics they encounter.

A while back I also built a Pudding Cult temple:


This got me to thinking about using July's theme to create some crazies to inhabit it, be they sinister alien controlled, or simply mentalists.

I've had a bit of a rummage and found that I do still have a handful of the Alternative Armies cultists awaiting paint and I've begun work on sculpting a bunch more so I should have a decent number ready for July and the challenge!

I plan on getting the sculpts ready now and painting them up in July as well as looking through my toy car collection for some suitable sinister limousines to transport them around in. I've also got some ideas for some Pudding cult fatties and a floating lectern for the cult leaders to whip their followers into a frenzy of pudding related madness.

I'll get a pic of the first sculpts posted up tomorrow as well as the conversions I've done to the Alternative Armies sculpts too as I wasn't entirely happy with how they looked so have played around with them a bit.

I'm still trying to finalise my fantasy stuff but should have an update in my next post as well as my completed pirate lance for my SD Battletech project but in the meantime, All the best!



4 comments:

  1. Do the Anadentists know about the rise of the Space Pudding Cult?

    The red cultists look good. I always wonder who makes their robes. Is there a factory somewhere? Anyway, they're cool.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Many thanks!

      Sinister gowns are produced by the Gunther Institute of Goons who also supply henchmen and women to the discerning crackpot or villain.

      I may end up with two rival cults who will brawl over the truth of the Space Pudding!

      Delete
  2. A pudding cult, that's one hilarious idea. Really curious about your conversions on these cultists.

    ReplyDelete
  3. It reminds me of "the stuff" movie. An outher space yogurt dominating mankind ;)

    ReplyDelete