Monday 1 June 2020

Lockdown Day 70

Hi!

At last I've managed to get another of my pirate mechs finished!

Javelin

My Pirates now have a three Mechs finished and a fourth almost done which is quite exciting! It's taken quite a bit of work to get to this stage but I'm edging closer to having a full lance.

Wilson's Hussars ambush a Pirate raiding party.

It's not all big stompy robots I've been working on today either, I've got a couple of squads of Canopian infantry sculpted too:

Canopian Volunteers

According to the background, Canopia hasn't got much of a standing army, relying on militia and Gendarme units so I thought I'd represent the former here all armed with light rifles and somewhat mismatched armour. Each figure stands about 10mm tall which is larger than I had planned but I couldn't bear making 6mm infantry. I still have to detail their guns and they'll be ready to paint in the next day or two.

Finally, I've got the first four of my Penguin troops done for Critter Commandos:

Penguin troops with Guppy combat rifles.

The photo is a bit naff but they are armed with little fish shaped guns and some have fish tied onto their belts for mid battle snacking.

I'm hoping to get more photos of painted gubbins up tomorrow but in the meantime, All the best!


3 comments:

  1. Holy s***!

    I was to go the mech route just to get to sculpt tiny dudes but man, following you feels like the kind of parent enrolling his kid to a talent show.

    You makin' my dreams come true at zero effort on my side 🤓 lazyness intensifies!

    Love everything from the tip of the javelin to infantry's toe.

    Can't wait to see them critters painted, in special you POP (power armoured penguin)

    Ace work, really.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks for the comments!

    Sadly once I'd painted the infantry I decided that I really didn't like them and have had to go back to the drawing board.

    Hopefully I'll have better luck with the next batch I try!

    ReplyDelete
  3. These are only 10mm? Man, these are brilliant. SD style javelin is amazing too.

    ReplyDelete