Tuesday 16 July 2013

Shoulder Pads 80's Style

Hi!

Just a quick update as I'm about to nip off out to work but heres a quick pic of a rescued miniature from my leadpile!

 Sanchez, 1980s Survivor

He's a Capitol infantry Captain that I had in my bits box for years with a missing hand and a really bad and terribly chipped paint job (done by me about ten years ago!) and will be forming the basis for a small Post Apocalyptic collection but more on that later!
I must admit I didn't even bother stripping him, just whacked on a new coat of spray white primer and slapped on some paint. Despite this he turned out surprisingly well and has lots of character and a rather Doom-eque face too. The goatee and mutton chop sideburns were added to cover some unsightly blemishes in the paint and I must admit he now reminds me of John Travolta a little...

I have decided to continue working through my lead pile as time allows too so there should be a bit more getting added from time to time!

All the best! 

1 comment:

  1. His facial expression from that angle is hilarious. Great character! Lovely job on the rescue.

    ReplyDelete