Wednesday 10 July 2013

Old School Battletech Update

Hi!

Well I am sat literally waiting for paint to dry as the first of my Wilsons Hussars mechs is nearing completion (only the base left to do!) and it should be finished this evening!

While sat at work yesterday I got an email from Waylands Games saying that they were having a rather tasty 50% off sale on their Dream Pod 9 stuff, including their rather lovely Heavy Gear stuff! Now I have had quite an interest in the figures for some time but the price of them is, frankly, ridiculous!

This gave me the opportunity to pick up a few bits and bobs at a more reasonable rate! Sadly I couldn't get any of the North or South stuff as it had mostly already sold out but did pick up these fellows for the princely sum of £13 plus change!

Peace River Defence Force Patrol Squad

While on the Battletech theme, I have been giving it some thought and am pondering moving up to 15mm scale for my games. The plastic clicky mechs fit and with my revised setting, I quite like the idea of fielding smaller mechs of a slightly higher tech level... It would be more like using Dreadnought armour than huge stompy robots!

The Heavy Gear stuff would make for a fantastic light mech/heavy battle armour that could see the successor states fielding machines more suited to the limited wars that they tend to fight as so much vital industry and equipment was destroyed during the first two succession wars.

Speaking of which, having found sources for classic Inner Sphere designs increasingly difficult to get hold of, I have cheated and sculpted my own Jenner from a mixture of plasticard and sculpey and am once again awaiting some bases so I can get him painted up!

Sadly I am off to Dundee and St Andrews tomorrow for the day so I doubt there will be much painting done but I will try and get the first of Wilsons Wimps photographed and added to the blog!
All the best!

No comments:

Post a Comment