Monday 3 September 2012

Ultramarine Force Thus Far!

Hi!

Heres the Ultramarines I have completed thus far:

Veteran Ultramarine Taskforce

I have finally finished my commanders Rhino so he won't have to travel everywhere on foot. I wanted to differentiate between the command Rhino and normal ones so gave it an extra bit of iconography:

 Command Rhino

I also found an old plastic Dreadnought which will give me an extra heavy support choice for my force too:

Dreadnought!

I even managed to scribe a tiny ULTRA text on its shoulder but foolishly managed to take a picture of its other side!

Next up heres my Squat force thus far, I still need to add a command choice as well as some more infantry and vehicles but its slowly getting there:

Squat Warrior Detachment

I actually managed to get a bit of a playtest game of my own ruleset over the weekend featuring the Ultramarines versus the Squats along with some mercenary support. Its a bit early to take any photos as I badly need to complete some more scenery but I did enjoy the game, despite the Imperiums finest getting a thrashing! As I develop the rules a bit I will post some more reports!


Squats versus Marines

In the meantime heres some more pics of the new additions to the Squats:

 Thudd Gun!

Thunderers

Its mostly been some heavy firepower that I have finished but it has made the Squat force pretty shooty as the Ultramarines have already found to their cost!

Squat Brotherhood 

Finally heres some more bits and bobs that I have completed or rummaged out to add to the mix:

Pirate Spider Mech

Mercenary Heavy Battle Armour

Super Heavy Mining Mech (this fellow decimated the Marines in the game I played)

Marine Armour Deploys!

Mining Mech discovers a fallen meteor

I still have a load of bits and bobs to work on including some bikers for my Squats and a fair few additions to my Ultramarines but I also have another project that will be taking up some of my time too!

All the best!

2 comments:

  1. Lovely painted and based! Nice to see some squads units again. I've painted them in the exact same way, before I sold everything (sniff)

    ReplyDelete
  2. All of this looks absolutely fantastic! Well done!

    ReplyDelete