Friday 7 September 2012

Assorted Additions...

Hi!

Well Its been a busy couple of days work wise so I haven't had much chance to get many bits done for my Epic project but did manage to finish off a couple more stands and some scenery.

First off I found some of the Hexon terrain builder bits in a box and knocked together a passable building which will handily scale for both 6mm and 15mm games. I also got a command stand completed for my Squats in the form of an Exo Armoured Trike which is a lovely chunky looking piece. I do have some biker stands half done but they still need a bit of work.

 Scenery and an Exo Armored Trike

Next up theres the first of the EM4 Miniatures plastic mechs:

Omni Corp Battlemech

For the princely sum of £2.55 you get 5 mechs, two of the light ones above, a pair of heavier machines and a larger biped. They are rather nice pieces of kit with a good amount of customisation potential. I will be using them as a Megacorporate expeditionary force consisting entirely of mechs and battle armour and want to see if I can find a decent super heavy machine to act as a command unit. 

The mech is based on a 40mm round base which may look a bit on the big side but as most of my vehicles are similarly based it fits in ok! I had originally gone for a jade green armour but it looked a bit bland so I added some camo which seems to suit it better. I'm still not too sure about the cockpit canopy and may repaint it though as the jewel effect I tried didn't really work.

Next up will be the remainder of my Squats, the beginning of some Space Wolves and even some Eldar!

All the best!

1 comment:

  1. Great looking stuff, nice repaint!

    I like the idea of making stand alone buildings. I'm stealing that idea with the platformer set I have. I don't really need a platformer, but I need lotsa buildings!

    ReplyDelete