Tuesday 11 May 2021

The Joys of Gaming!

Hi!

Just a quick post today as I'm headed out to work soon. I managed to play a quick game of Planet 28 last night with Inquisitor Fisher's team facing off against a bunch of Orks with a grudge.


It was great fun as always and I plan on playing another attempt at the mission and posting it as a full battle report in the coming days but it got me thinking about just how much fun a good game can be and what a pleasure my hobby can be!

There's something really pleasing about playing a game and finding myself rerunning it in my head and thinking about possible future missions and new models I want to paint up and it's got me champing at the bit to get more gaming in.


 Not only that, I'm actively looking for other games to try out and I'm also planning on having a bit of a rummage through my own collection for games I own but have never played. 


One such game is War of Ashes Shieldbash which is a lovely looking game and I have a fair few figures painted up for it but need a few more to get a decent warband sorted. In the meantime, I may use the figures I have in Brutal Quest to allow me to get them into use!


I've also been perusing Guerrilla Wargames awesome Lets Play videos over on Youtube and am liking the look of Relic Blade:


It seems to have a lot of plusses, namely low model count, quirky figures and simple rules. I do believe there is even a UK distributor so I may have a peek at them in the coming weeks but in the meantime, I want to keep the momentum going and keep on gaming!

Hopefully I'll get some more battle reports posted up soon and finish painting a few more models to add to my warbands but in the meantime, All the best!

2 comments:

  1. Haven’t had time to post, but I’ve been enjoying the blogs. Glad to see you having so much fun! Keep it up!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Pretty nice! I really want to give Planet28 a try!

    ReplyDelete