Monday 18 May 2020

Lockdown Day 56

Hi!

It's been a bit of a sculpting day here with my first four mechs almost ready for paint. I've also got the forces put together for a Papertech mini campaign that I hope to play tomorrow.

Essentially each force is an under strength Battlemech company and I plan on playing 4 linked games over the course of a day using my super cheap paper cut out models.

 Wilson's Hussars

While I'd far prefer to play using figures, the cost of each of these forces would be about £70-£80 so paper is going to be replacing pewter for the time being.

Each force costs about 250 points using the Alphastrike rules and I'm keen to try out some of the new mechs I've drawn up, especially some of the old heavy mechs like the Marauder and the Thunderbolt and I hope to post a number of entries as the day goes by chronicling the success or failures of the missions.

Reds Renegades

As I've mentioned in a previous post, I've found Battletech Alphastrike to be a surprisingly fun system, at least using the basic and intermediate level rules. If all goes well, I'll get the first post up tomorrow morning and play through from there!

In the meantime, All the best!

No comments:

Post a Comment