Tuesday 12 May 2020

Lockdown Day 50

Hi!

Here's the progress I've made on my Blue Tribe robots and a few more odds and ends that I have been working on:

Powder Monkey and Mate

The Blues have proved to be a wee bit of a challenge to sculpt as trying to figure out how to make decent hats and Greenstuff hasn't cut the mustard for the task so I've been experimenting with different methods. The Powder Monkey, A long ranged robot has a hat made from thin plasticard whilst my Mate has a sculpey hat. Both seem to work in their own way so I think they'll do for the time being. There's still a bit of work to be done on both but I'm liking the process of working on the little chaps.

Next up, here's some Buccaneers, the basic robots for the Blue tribe:

Buccaneers

 I've just got their cutlasses to do and they'll be done and dusted!

I've also rummaged out my original First Mate, Mister Gibbs:

Mister Gibbs

He originally had massive punchy fists but looking at him now, I think I'll remake them as they just looked wrong so I'll be reworking him when I get chance.

I also re-discovered my old Red Tribe sculpts and have been tweaking them and will be adding them to my Red Tribe expedition as a new class of robots as they're somewhat bigger than the current Scrapbots:

Red Tribe

I still need to finish their legs and then get them based up and I'll have even more stuff to paint!

Finally, here's the next of my Kuld for World of Ashes:

Kuld

I've got a Shuda, a short ranged fighter who can spew powerful acid considerable distances and then another four basic Kuld, including a little chap who may well be a juvenile!

I need to get the little chaps painted but I seem to be really enjoying sculpting at the moment so I think I shall just keep cracking on with it and painting when I get the chance. I'm now eying up the Yellow Tribe but will need to get some more Sculpey as I'm running low!

I've also been doodling my own version of the Battletech Mechs and will see if I can get a few built over the next few days.

With it looking like I'm not going to be back to work 'till early June, I'm keen to keep myself busy and if it means I have dozens of sculpts done, all the better!

Hopefully I'll have more gubbins painted and ready tomorrow so watch this space and All the best!

7 comments:

  1. Smashing work! You've really captured the pirate style!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks!

      I've got designs for some of their big guys involving a broadside of cannons and one built like a poop deck of a ship with swivel guns and a crew of desperados hanging on while it rampages around swinging an anchor!

      Delete
  2. Ohhh, I love these so much!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks!

      I've really enjoyed working on them and one can never have too many pirates!

      Delete
  3. Ok,these look straight outta rivet wars...

    Love Mr Gibbs, looks like he'd be right at home with his punches wrapped in bandages.

    I still find kuld cute. Even knowing they are such little bastards.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks!

      I'm really enjoying working on the Kuld as they're rather characterful little guys but downright savage!

      Game wise, they are the horde option so I need another ten or so to round out my warband so I've still got some work to do.

      The Blue Tribe are going to be one of the best at close combat so having a pugilist like Mr Gibbs seemed like a good idea.

      Delete
  4. It's interesting how you base all your Kuld individually, while I remember them as being multiple models on a large base. I think you nailed the pirate theme on these robots, looking forward to see some cannon of sorts.

    ReplyDelete