Thursday 23 August 2012

The Stainless Steel Rat

Hi!

I read the other day that Harry Harrison, author of one of my favorite books, the Stainless Steel Rat had passed away. Its a real shame as the many exploits of Slippery Jim diGriz have been a real source of inspiration to me over the years including my first foray into 15mm scale gaming!


Many moons ago I set up a blog called The Special Corps which chronicled my attempts to collect some forces and play some scenarios based on the books.

 Assorted Stalwart Citizens of the Galactic League

 Villains led by Femme Fatale Angelina!
Slippery Jim!

Sadly the project fizzled out due to University workload and the figures have been boxed up for over three years now but I have decided to revisit the project and sculpt both Jim, Angelina and various other folks with the intention of playing a game or two.

It only seems fair as Harry inspirational books are just so good!

All the best!

1 comment:

  1. Loved the books when I was a kid, hadn't herd he had passed away, a real shame.

    ReplyDelete