Friday 17 August 2012

Lack of Progress and Time to Face Facts...

Hi!

Well I have had a rather trying week for various reasons, mostly due to my hobby of all things resulting in me getting to the point of putting all my stuff on ebay and being done with it.

I cant quite explain why this has happened but I just seem to have lost all pleasure in painting again. This is something that afflicted me last year but in recent months I seemed to have got over it, especially as I have managed to complete some decent paint jobs over these last few months, especially in 28mm scale which is quite unusual.

Maybe its because I have it all sat out in front of me but I just dont have any pleasure working on my assorted bits and bobs at present. I think I am going to have to take a break for a bit to be honest as my 28mm projects are boring the life out of me.

To storage we shall go...

I will keep posting my progress with my Epic stuff here though as well as my Leutenant Brittan blog just to keep things ticking over and I also have my business to work on, especially if I am going to get my first range out by the end of the year as I had hoped.

Rhino!

The range will be 15/18mm scale as its the scale I enjoy sculpting and I think that I may be selling some, if not all my 28mm scale stuff to fund its launch as I need to invest in some bits and bobs for my casting machine before I can get it up and running.

As much as I will regret it, I cant help but feel its for the best in the long run as I really enjoy working in the smaller scales far more and want to enjoy my hobby rather than getting stressed by it which is all that is happening at present.

I will be sticking with Oldhammer though! Instead of spending a fortune to collect an army I am going to cheat and sculpt and cast my own in the smaller scale which will allow me to actually play a game!

Remember these guys:

The Boar Company

By using the 20mm round bases I can use them for skirmish games and with some sabot movement bases will also be using them for games like Warhammer.

Being honest with myself, I doubt I will ever manage to have more than a 3x4 or 4x4 board to play on which is ideal for 15mm scale but less so for 28mm. and with 15mm scale figures its still possible to play anything from a small skirmish up to a decent sized battle on that size of board while 28mm stuff tends to look crowded.

Once I look at my gaming budget, which for the last couple of years has shrunk to a pittance I just dont want to spend money on old school figures, especially at the stupidly inflated prices that they seem to be going for at present. On my budget at present I would be only able to afford about 4-5 28mm scale figs a month tops while I could afford to sculpt up an unlimited number of 15mm scale stuff and even cast them for just the cost of materials.

I do apologise to all you folks who have been following my blog for having to put up with my goldfish like attention span and sudden and drastic change in direction but I just need to work on something that I actually enjoy and 28mm scale isn't it any more.

All the best

Richard

No comments:

Post a Comment