Monday 10 June 2024

Progress of a Sort!

 Hi!

Longtime no update!

Alas real world has intruded upon with our problem neighbours having moved on from flooding our kitchen for the umpteenth occasion in six months to actually damaging the building.

Believe it or not, this is one of the two doors they've broken in a week...

Coupled with constant noise and other unsavoury shenanigans, the police and council are now involved and my hobby time has been decidedly lacking.

Despite all the stress, I have managed to snatch a bit of time to get some random bits and bobs painted as there is nothing like losing yourself in painting miniatures to do away with stress.

I've been working my way through a selection of 15mm scale gubbins from my purchase from Alternative Armies Laserburn sale and some old Peter Pig bits and bobs that I've had in my collection for a good 20 years now. 

At the same time, I've been painting some 6mm bits and bobs that I was donated a good dozen or so years back and have sat in a box ever since. I have vague ideas of using them for either Lion or Dragon Rampant and have also painted up a small board that will allow for some small scale gaming.

The recent unpleasant goings on has got me to looking through my rulebook collection in search of inspiration and having recently stumbled upon some youtube videos of folks playing the game Hunt Showdown, I found myself fancying some narrative based horror skirmishing based in the US in the late 19th century.


I've got Dracula's America which looks like a nice simple set of rules that allows for small warbands of desperadoes fighting otherworldly horrors in the wild west which is kind of what I'm hankering after.

At present with all the nonsense going on, I doubt I'll be getting the chance to put together anything with it but hopefully once the unpleasantness is done with I'll get chance to have a proper dig into something a bit different.

In the meantime, I'll keep pootling away with the odds and ends that I've been working on and my next update will hopefully have some actual painted stuff but until then, all the best!

4 comments:

  1. We are playing Dracula's America in our small club now, and I will certainly recommend it -! Great game, simple and fun, and classic campaign structure with buying and hiring.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks for the mini review! I've got a copy of the rulebook and first expansion so I'll need to see what I can do with it!

      Delete
  2. I'm sorry to hear about all the real world trouble. That sounds difficult. I don't know Dracula's America but it sounds like a cool idea and looks like a Wild West Silver Bayonet, which can't be a bad thing. I hope things sort themselves out and you're able to play more games soon.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Many thanks!

      Fingers crossed, there's not been much more noise or damage last week and our flat is still standing after us being away for a week!

      Delete