Wednesday 20 July 2022

Harry Potter Storycrafting

 Hi!

Just a quick post this morning before I head off to work as I'm hosting a Harry Potter Storycrafting session in Dundee today!


Using nothing but some story prompts, a selection of Rory's Story Cubes and our imagination, we'll be creating some new and ridiculous stories including Harry deciding to climb the Whomping Willow, Draco being eaten by a Venus Mantrap and Hermione being followed around by a unicorn called Butcher Bill...

Hopefully it will be a fun experience for the kids who are coming along and will help me with coming up with some quick-fire stories using the Story Cubes! 

All the best!


2 comments:

  1. Love the story cube idea! It's roleplaying at a super quick level. Hope you had fun!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It was brilliant fun and once the kids got the hang of it, we had some awesome stories including the one about Ronald Weasely being the hero of the hour by summoning a sheep to knock out Voldemort. While the Dark Lord was thus defeated, Ron found a hole in the ground, shoved him in it and buried him alive.

      The more I use story cubes, the more I find myself finding them indispensable in my games as even a small wargame can use them by rolling to see what scenario, character motivations or random events may occur.

      Delete