Tuesday 29 December 2020

Lockdown 2.0 Project Log Day 4

 Hi!

Here's the next of my lockdown projects, a Leviathan Orc from the Grendel range (still available from Scotia Grendel)


He's a hefty beast and I must admit that I had been hesitant to paint him as I'd thought he was an ugly sculpt. However as I primed him, I realised that he's quite.a nice model to work on. He's still ugly but in a good way! 

I quite like the trophies that he's adorned with and leering savagery really helps. I realise he's not painted in the more usual green of an Orc but it fits better with the setting. I plan on adding to the collection with a few sculpts from other companies as the post apocalyptic Aeroth with it's magical fallout can see Orcs mutating in all manner of interesting ways!

Sadly my varnish has given him a bit of a glossy finish in the photos but in person he's got a more matt finish. I've rather enjoyed working on him and will need to paint up some more during the lockdown!

In the meantime, All the best!

No comments:

Post a Comment