Monday 28 December 2020

Lockdown 2.0 Project Log Day 3

 Hi!

As promised, here's the Elven Voltigeurs from the Flintloque boxed set that I've been working on!

Voltigeurs

The elite light infantry of the Ferach Elven empire, these Voltigeurs came with the original Flintloque boxed set and have been rather a lot of fun to paint. The detail is chunky and bold and they've got loads of character. 

I am always surprised by the size of the Flintloque range as they are mounted on lipped 30mm bases and are closer to 30-35mm scale than 28mm but that is fine with me as it's making them easy to paint.

I painted the first before realising that Voltigeurs are supposed to have yellow collars and cuffs so may go back to fix them but that's a job for another day!

To break up the monotony of painting up nine of the pointy eared types, I'm currently working on some other odds and ends of a more Orcy variety and have just finished the base for my Leviathan Orc and begun work on Richard Sharke of the 95th Rifles!

In other news, I noticed that I didn't play a single game of Leviathan this year which is entirely unacceptable so we shall see what I can do tomorrow, especially as the short daylight hours are meaning I have a limited window for painting figures and am going to try and get some counters drawn up for each of the factions from the original rules to allow me to try out a few different armies.

It's not quite miniature gaming but will do! If all goes well, I may try a similar approach for some other rulesets I've got a hankering to play but we shall see how I get on.

In the meantime, All the best!

No comments:

Post a Comment