Tuesday 13 June 2023

Royal Opera House Il Trovatore: Oddly Oldhammer

 Hi!

I don't post about high culture very often but we went to see a live screening of Verdi's Il Trovatore by the ROH and it was pretty brilliant!

The reason I'm posting it up here is that it may actually be of interest to Warhammer fans as this version reimagines it as part of a Hieronymus Bosch settings with all manner of wonderfully weird characters. 

The chorus are particularly fantastic as either grubby looking soldiers or Bosch inspired creatures and the chap playing Ferrando was brilliantly villainous and stole every scene he was in.


Opera may not be everyones cup of tea but its well worth a watch for some inspiration!

I'm knackered so am off to bed but I'll be posting some updates over the next few days as I seem to have recovered from my hobby slump and have been busily painting all sorts of bits and bobs. I'm also going to be posting further ponderings on forgotten games and what I can do to play some of them!

In the meantime, All the best!

2 comments:

  1. I saw a trailer for this on Facebook today and it looked very impressive. I did think that it had a Warhammery feel. Those hats look very Bretonnian!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It was brilliant to watch and we really enjoyed it, despite the fact that the reviews were decidedly mixed!

      Delete