Friday 5 November 2021

Returning to Flintloque, Sort Of...

 Hi!

I've been sorting through my assorted gubbins and found myself rummaging out my Flintloque and Deadloque stuff and it got me to thinking about finishing off the odds and ends that I've got based but not finished.

Now I doubt I'll be able to play full section level combat using Flintloque as I have a really small gaming area and lets face it, the attention span of a gnat so the prospect of needing 15-20 figures a side isn't something I really want to contemplate. 

Instead I'm thinking of using a hybridised version of Planet 28 and Brutal Quest and playing a number of linked scenarios with a handful of characters a side and see how things go.

I've still got most of the Flintloque box set to paint up but reckon I have enough painted to make a start on trying out some test games using my Deadloque games. I need to paint up a small base board to represent the frozen winter of the Witchlands and a couple more pieces of scenery as well but I'm quite looking forward to the prospect of playing some games again.

I'll get some terrain painted up in the next couple of days and will post my progress here so watch this space!

All the best!

4 comments:

  1. Oh, what a twist! Looking interesting, I'll be watching...

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I've played a couple of test games and the Rifle Orcs of the 95th got thrashed both times with a combination of poor shooting and rubbish saves!

      I'll post up a battle report in the next couple of days showing progress!

      Delete
  2. Didn't Flintloque had animals on it, like napoleonic toads and so on or am I mixing up stuff?

    BTW I'm super tempted about planet 28. Too bad it always looked to me like a ruleset to get minis played instead of something that would get your imagination fired up (reign in hell).

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Flintloque has Dogmen, Ottermen, Bunny Rabbits and all sorts of random gubbins!

      Planet 28 is a fun little ruleset that reminds me of Rogue Trader but without all the fluff. It's almost a sandbox which is flexible enough to tweak to fit whatever scenario you want.

      For getting my imagination fired up, I tend to use elements from my many, many other rulesets, books, movies or comics for inspiration! Sadly this also means that I tend to flit from project to project almost constantly!

      Delete