Friday 29 October 2021

Land Ironclads Revisited

 Hi!

It's been a really busy few weeks and I've found myself seeking to get some hobby time in my much needed holiday.

Instead of working on the other gubbins I have, I have decided to revisit my 2mm Land Ironclads project with a vague aim of putting together enough stuff for my Dwarves and Orcs to play out a bit of a campaign in the coming year.


I'm currently working on getting a regiment of Dwarven infantry put together but will be building a load more stuff for the upcoming campaign as I got to thinking about having the Dwarves defending their great wall in the Axebite Pass against a mighty Orc Horde led by the mighty Khan Krull, chosen of Gorath!

There's a lot of fun bits and bobs that I have planned for the coming months including scenery and lots of warbeasts, war engines and flyers as I plan on starting small and building up until I can play a cataclysmic battle for the wall between scores of regiments and engines of destruction clashing including siege engines and all manner of interesting gubbins.

I'll try and get the infantry finished this evening and will showcase it tomorrow so watch this space and I hope to add some new units in the coming week.

In the meantime, All the best!

6 comments:

  1. Very cool looking models. Are these something you created? The story sounds great. I’m looking forward to seeing more.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Many thanks!

      The grey Dwarven Ironclads are sculpted by me using plasticard and paper while the black Vongola fleet are Brigade Models.

      Delete
  2. I've always thought these would looke better if you sanded their bases' corners to be slightly rounded.

    I think flames of war was like that.

    Everytime I see you posting on that subject I got lost into the bases as they are "part of the terrain" with these greenery on them.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I must admit that if I was to do the project over again I'd probably got for the rounded edges!

      Delete
  3. They're great little models. I especially like the smoke and the track marks on the bases.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Many thanks!

      I pull out the project from time to time and work on it but really need to get it finished!

      Delete