Thursday 22 October 2020

Star Mogul Project: Part 1 Musings

 Hi!

I have managed to get myself a new laptop (many thanks to my brother for being awesome!) which should allow me to get my blogging up and running again which is rather exciting and I'm looking forward to getting things running normally again.

I'm interested to see what Stargrave develops into as what little I've read makes me think of the old Star Mogul rules and I've been thinking of using that for the next while to give me a nice small project that can then get used as a building block for some warbands for Stargrave in 2021.


Back in about 2008, I had a blast putting together forces for the game and a few years ago I played a couple of games using 15mm scale figures and I'm rather fond of the game, despite not playing it much and it may be a fun little project to round out the year and indeed clear through some of the odds and ends from my lead pile!

My next post will cover the background of the Star Mogul setting and I'll see how I get on with choosing some suitable figures for my two salvage crews.

In other news, I've also preordered Gamma Wolves as I rather like the setting and think it might be a good project to put together in a scale smaller than 28mm and with there only being the need for a half dozen figures per side in total, it should be a fun side project too!

In the meantime, All the best!

2 comments:

  1. This one, along that sci-fi game from Aberrant games were the two I've always missed in my collection.

    Checked frequent back at the day but never got into them :(

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Aberrant was another game I'd been tempted by back in the day but never really got into. I remember some of the miniatures selling super cheap when the company closed down and I still rather regret not picking them up when I could.

      Star Mogul has some really interesting concepts and had a thriving community back in the day but the original owner sold it on and the new owner shelved any support and then the range got split up and promptly vanished!

      Delete