Saturday 28 March 2020

Lockdown Day 5

Hi!

I'm a wee bit late posting todays update but I have been somewhat distracted binge watching Wild Wild Country on Netflix which was rather good tv!

But enough of that! Here's my latest addition to my painted gubbins:

La Spiga 

It's a rather ancient Wood Elf that I picked up back in the day from Macs Models in Edinburgh and painted pretty badly along with her compatriots. She eventually got cleaned and repainted as a Dark Elf for use with Flintloque.

I could have sworn the pack she originally came in was from Flintloque as La Spiga the infamous bandit but looking online, it appears she is from Harlequin, later Black Tree Design but the face is rather similar to the classic Flintloque Elves so I plan on using her along with her kin as Dark Elves in Catalucia, ready to slit a few Ferach throats!

In other news, I happened across some 2nd edition starter set Orks which are still on their sprues after 27 years!

Orky Boyz

I spent a couple of hours yesterday afternoon removing them from their sprues and cleaning them before priming the lot. I've since finished the first one and must say it was quite the nostalgia trip to work on them and I've really enjoyed the process of working on such simple figures that I fondly remember from my youth!

I'll post some pics of my progress tomorrow in the next stage of my Lockdown but it's got me really hankering after more old figures to work on as whilst the newer stuff is technically more advanced and realistically proportioned, the old stuff is just so much more fun to paint.

There's less detail to worry about and they are very sympathetic to bold paintjobs and look surprisingly good once finished.

We shall see how many I can finish before tomorrow evening but in the meantime, All the best!

7 comments:

  1. Cool work. I'm impressed at how you're putting out such good models so quickly. I look forward to seeing what you do with those old space orks!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I've really enjoyed working on the Orks and will post an update later today!

      To be honest, painting miniatures is about the only thing keeping me from going mad at the moment as I don't like being stuck in the flat all day but needs must!

      Delete
  2. I never played 40K, but I love the old figures and often paint them up if I can get them. I had a pack of 1998 Space Wolf terminators that were a joy to paint.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. The older stuff just seems more enjoyable to paint!

      Delete
  3. She turned out beautiful, Richard!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Your NMM is outstanding, a very beautiful miniature.

    ReplyDelete