Sunday 24 February 2019

Deadloque Update

Hi!

I've been a bit busy with work but finally have a week off and I'm hoping to be able to spend a little bit of time in hobby related shenanigans!

I've been slowly painting my way through my Deadloque box and have finished another Zombie musketeer as well as a few odds and ends and have even repurposed an old board game figure into my small force:

Zombie Musketeer

I've given this guy a brown greatcoat instead of the dark greens I've stuck with so far as I'm keen to avoid getting bored of my painting. I'm also still experimenting with the correct skin tones for zombies so this little chap is a somewhat warmer green than the last figure I painted.

Next up here's a Wraith:

Howdy Neighbour!

He's the Lurker from the old Darkworld boardgame and I spotted him in my bits box and thought that his mighty truckasaurus hands would fit in with the style of Flintloque. I sculpted a new head for him to give a more pleasingly cartoony finish and gave him a quick paint job. I'm quite pleased with how he's turned out!

It's not all figures I've been painting though as the box set I picked up from Ebay included some handy scatter terrain which will be making a handy objective for my forces to fight it out over:

 Ye Shotte

The sculpts are really crude but a quick dash of paint makes them serviceable enough!

Finally, here's a quick pic of my Undead force thus far:

The forces of the Star Wraith

I'm still enjoying painting my way through my collection and can't quite believe I've almost finished the Undead from the box. I seem to be spending 2019 in a very productive mode with steady progress on my 2mm and Deadloque projects. 

Hopefully this will continue over the next couple of weeks as I attempt to finish the Undead and make a start on the Elves. I even managed to play a quick skirmish using Flintloque which saw the Elves make a quick raid on an Undead ammunition store and steal some powder and shotte before withdrawing having shot down two zombie sentries and a skeletal guard who was attracted to the noise.

Sadly I didn't manage to get any photos as our cat, Mab decided she wanted to constantly climb on the table, knock over dice and generally be a bit of a menace but hopefully next time I'll get some pics and put together an after action report!

In the meantime, All the best!

5 comments:

  1. That wraith is just superb, it's like he's jumping out from bellow the snow and the cartoony hands and face fit in so well with the overal look of the rest of your models.
    Excellent additions to your growing force!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great to see you painting 28mm again

    ReplyDelete
  3. Many thanks for the comments folks!

    I must admit that I've surprised myself with the enjoyment I've had from painting the Flintloque stuff.

    It's got me tempted to work through some of my old 28mm leadpile to be honest and I've been working on a Wood Elf that I have had for about 20 years now and am thus far enjoying painting it so fingers crossed, I'll be able to keep up the enthusiasm and see where it takes me!

    All the best

    Richard

    ReplyDelete
  4. That's odd... I never get any updates on your blog. Nearly missed those. Love that wraith!

    ReplyDelete