Friday 4 January 2019

Looking Forward

Hi!

Well here we are in 2019!

I've got some assorted gubbins on the go for the coming months, both with existing projects and some new ones I've got planned.

First off, I've been working on some Orc warbeasts in 2mm scale to have a go at a fantasy version of Wessex Games' Land Ironclads:

 Mighty Titanosaur 

I've been heavily inspired by the old Grendel game, Leviathan but I just don't have the space for an 8'x4' board and loads of 28mm figures so I've decided to go to the other extreme and make everything tiny which will in turn allow me to play an epic scale battle with fleets of tiny tanks and lumbering warbeasts smashing up equally tiny infantry regiments!

Mighty Titanosaur 2

Thus far I've finished the Mighty Titanosaur, a Class 2 Warbeast and have also got a pair of smaller Class 3 Titanosaurs underway with hopes of getting a trio of Necrosaurs (Class 4 Warbeasts!) and a squadron of Carnosaur cavalry by the end of the week.

 Wartower Formation

Titanosaur Guntowers

In order to keep the hobby goodies going throughout the year, I've decided to adopt Rob Hawkins rather inspired Wargame Hobby Bingo:


It's a brilliant idea to inspire folks to push forwards with their hobby and try out new gaming related gubbins!

I've got lots of 2mm, 6mm and 15mm stuff to work on over the coming months but I've also been flirting with the idea of going back to a game I really enjoyed back in the late 90's, Flintloque:


I have really fond memories of painting Sharkes Rifles and a host of other Napoleonic inspired fantasy gubbins back in the day having picked up at first a pack, then a box and finally a mountain of gubbins from Macs Models, subscribed to the Orcs in the Hills magazine and everything but sadly having sold the lot for a pittance back when I headed off to uni in 2008.

Skip forward ten years and I find myself drawn to the rather chunky and characterful sculpts and may pick up a pack to see how I get on...

Needless to say, we shall have to see how we go but I am looking forward to 2019 and the hobby possibilities it provides!

In the meantime, All the best!

5 comments:

  1. Dig the Titanosaurs and Flintloque is wonderfully fun and characterful. I am happy that unlike many other fun games from the 90s, it has held on.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It was one of the first games I picked up post GW in the mid 90's that I actually painted lots of figures for and even played some games. I now deeply regret having got rid of my collection as I had pretty much everything they ever released, plus all the magazines and limited edition figures!

      We shall have to see how things go...

      Delete
  2. You have too many distractions ;).
    I love the ork warbeasts, though I fail to understand the sudden shift from 6mm epic to 2mm, they are kind of cute. Probably not something an ork would like to hear :).

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. To be honest, I'd have been tempted to use them as 6mm if I could get a decent choice of figures but the only range that covers pretty much everything I wanted is Microfigures in the US and postage and import duties are too steep to manage!

      2mm is also a scale I think I can complete a project with in a fairly quick turnaround too so fingers crossed!

      Delete
  3. Damn... you even sculpted those? I hate you.

    ReplyDelete