Tuesday 14 July 2015

Age of Sigmar Stormcast Eternal

Hi!

Well it took me a bit of time but I finally finished painting up the Stormcast Eternal that came with White Dwarf the other week and I must admit he's turned out quite nicely!

 Stormcast Eternal

You may notice that he's mounted on a 30mm base as I felt the 40mm was just a bit too big, despite his impressive stature. I went for a simple gold and silver armour with royal purple and white details to brighten him up a bit.

 More Views

I can't seem to get over how much the figure reminds me of the Chronopia Firstborn so went with it and included the classic pattern to his shield. Game wise, I plan on using him as a Knight of the Eternal Light, a faction of templars that were briefly mentioned in Leviathan. I must admit I wouldn't mind picking up a few more of the fellows to create a bit of a skirmish force but we shall see how the range develops first!

Here's a few scale shots showing him next to some other common races:

 Bigger than a Savage Orc!

 Towers over a Dwarf

Much the same height as an Elven Noble of Helios

I have to say that he is quite an impressive miniature being highly detailed but rather straight forward to paint, if a bit time consuming to get him right and he makes a good edition to the post apocalyptic fantasy world of Aeroth, even if folks might not like him for Warhammer!

All the best!

2 comments:

  1. Looks cool. I'm not sure I can get my head around AoS and fielding units of these though. I've enjoyed catching up with the blog and seeing all the varied paints and sculpts. Might be hard to make an army that way but it's very interesting.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi!

    I must admit that I can't help comparing the two and it's going to be interesting to see how the range compares. In some ways it's a shame that the Eternals aren't 28mm scale as they would make perfect proxies for Firstborn! Still they are nice sculpts and well worth a peek.

    All the best!

    ReplyDelete