Wednesday 27 August 2014

Squat Brotherhood

Hi!

Continued rummaging from my leadpile has unearthed some more of my old sculpts in the form of some Space Dwarves I made at the same time as the Bio-Giant:

Squat Troopers

These fellows are available from 15mm.co.uk in their Space Viking range. Again I have worked in a few conversions, mostly to make their moustachios more impressive but the chap on the left had a new head as the originals all wear caps.

I may have got a bit carried away while sculpting the leaders moustache but I kind of like the walrus although he may have to be careful while wielding a hand flamer!

I must admit I have really fallen back in love with 15mm scale figures after my sojourn into classic 28mm stuff. Gone are the days when I could manage about one figure every couple of days (the Squats above were painted over the course of watching Mystery Science Theater 3000 Track of the Moonbeast!) 

One thing that does irk me somewhat about the vast ranges of 15mm scale though is the fact that well over 90% of it is what is classed as hard sci-fi. Theres nowhere near enough space zombies, pistol and sword wielding heroes and villains and pulpy/science fantasy themed fun!

Hopefully this shocking oversight will be addressed over the coming months but I may have to take drastic measures and start sculpting again in the meantime so if theres anything folks would like to see, please feel free to give me a shout and I will see what I can do! 

In other news, I have been asked for a bit of a review of the classic first edition Warzone rules as I've been harping along about it at great length. I figure that in order to do it justice, it needs its own post and in order for it to get its own post, it needs a battle report to showcase how the rules work. In order to do that, I need figures so I am going to rummage my bits box and see if I can't get enough proxies put together to represent the forces of a couple of the megacorporations and possibly even the Dark Legion to mix it up a bit!

This may take a little time as I am almost positive that I don't actually have anything suitable so will be taking a peek online to see what I can find and convert (I suspect it will involve heroically large shoulder pads) so it may take a couple of weeks to put together so watch this space!
All the best!

No comments:

Post a Comment