Friday 6 September 2013

Elder Attack!

Hi!

Sadly its not the long out of production Space Crusade extension!


While on a much needed holiday, I nipped into a small wargame store in Gosport and found the following little chaps:

Guardians Galore!

A lovely collection of old school Rogue Trader and 2nd edition Eldar Guardians and a Harlequin, all for the princely sum of £18!

I know it breaks one of my Budgethammer commandments by overspending by £3 but I figured it was such a bargain that I just couldn't let it pass. Yes they are pretty poorly painted and in some cases the undercoat is so thick that it totally obscures the detail but I figure with a week or two in a bath of Dettol, they should be right as rain!

This now gives me the basis of an Eldar warband for my Budgethammer games and will fit in rather nicely with my Imperial Guard garrison and Orkish marauders!

If its of interest to anyone out there, the store also has a decent collection of old school and more modern second hand figures. I spotted in one box a mixture of old 2000ad, an old Citadel Amazon and numerous other bits and bobs and I'd highly recommend a peruse of TN Books and Wargames to anyone in the area.

Interestingly speaking to the chap running the place, he said that that his second hand stock is doing so well, especially the older stuff, that he is running low so once again the lure of Oldhammer has struck!

Hopefully I will be in the new place within the next few weeks and will be able to get a proper update sorted out but in the meantime, all the best!

No comments:

Post a Comment