Friday 28 June 2013

Davion Ace Mech Pilot Kitty DeVries

HI!

Heres the latest Mech I've completed for my Davion force!

 Kitty's trademark pink Mech

I really wanted to make the aces for my Battletech setting live up to the standards of the WW1 fighter aces with their penchant for highly customised paint schemes and even a bit of a nod towards anime for its OTT designs!

 Front Shot

As lance leader, Kitty has been instrumental in taking the fight to the marauding Kurita force lurking in Farpoints uninhabited hinterland.

 Custom Jump Pack

I realised when working on the mech that its original jump jets were missing so had a rummage in my bits box and found an old Space Ranger backpack and pressed it into service instead! Fluff wise its either enhanced or gives off an impressive roaring noise when Kitty activates it!

 Kitty's Claws, a pair of heavy pulse lasers

I decided to give Kitty's Mech a bit of a weapons upgrade so swapped out its original missile packs for a pair of heavy pulse lasers on the right arm and twin snub nosed heavy bolters on her left. It makes for a slightly lob sided look but helps make the Mech distinctive!

 Kitty and Mac, one of her Davion lancemates

The Davion forces on Farpoint are centred around a lance of Mechs along with a couple of companies of infantry with supporting vehicles but if the Kurita threat intensifies, it will probably get some reinforcements.

Kitty and Mac securing a drilling platform

I now have half a lance of Mechs to work with and hope to round it out to a full lance soonish as well as getting a second and third battle armour squad to give me a nice infantry platoon to fight along side the lords of the battlefield!

Its been a really fun experience painting up some Mechs and once I get some more large bases, I hope to be able to add some more!

All the best!

No comments:

Post a Comment