Sunday 7 April 2013

Enough Prevaricating!

Hi!

Over the last month I seem to have painted up more figures than I have previously done in years and I think I need to take a step back and have a look at why.

Its a bit of a complex one but I have found that whenever I am stressed I seem to sit down and paint figures. Maybe its the relaxing element or the fact it requires utmost concentration or possibly even allowing my mind to amble off on a tangent but I need to face facts.

Bring it on!

I have been working rather patchily on my RUSTY ROBOTS project with the vague aim of getting them cast and into production. With a full time job, commissions and hobby time, I seem to be dodging the more important stuff, like getting my finger out and actually making the project happen.

Therefore I am going to be boxing up all my figures, both unpainted and painted and putting away my paints for a while until The Scrapyard has become a reality. This is going to be a big ask for me but an important decision to make as I have recently found myself increasingly tempted to peruse ebay for bargains, rummage my bits boxes for figures and generally nerd out. If I'm not careful I am fully aware that I will end up doing nothing else!

This needs to stop now and the only way I can do that is to mothball this blog for a while. Hopefully it will give me the space to get sculpting and actually get my project off the ground! Worry not though! I shall be posting regular updates on the progress of Rusty Robots over on my other blog and once its up and running, I hope to get back to here to chill out and paint some old school lead!

In the meantime please feel free to nip over to Rusty Robots and poke around at whats on it and if you would like to see anything specific, please feel free to let me know!

All the best!

No comments:

Post a Comment