Sunday 31 March 2013

15mm Sci-fi Gubbins

Hi!

Heres a couple of quick pics of some 15mm bits and bobs I've been working on of late!

Crimson Fist Space Marines!

I have had these chaps based and primed for AGES so I figured I should do something with them and after a very quick paint job, Voila! Some ersatz Space Marines! Looking through my bits boxes, I have literally dozens of the little fellows so I may end up fielding a few full squads!

Next up I mentioned a couple of days back that I had played out a small skirmish using Rogue Trader in 15mm scale. Sadly my camera battery is running low so I've only just had chance to take some quick pics of the two forces prior to the game thus far but have taken lots of notes of the action as it played out so I will post a complete report in the next few days once my camera is fully charged!

 The Red Redemptionist Menace

Ert Peacekeepers and Imperial Advisor

As you can see the game takes place between two very small forces but it was rather fun and had a rather unexpected outcome!

Its interesting to note that despite going on a 28mm spree of late, I seem to find myself once again attracted to 15mm too. Who knows, maybe my STAINLESS STEEL RAT BLOG will get some much needed love in the not too distant future!

Finally heres a quick pic of a test piece I have done for my Kryomek project!
Talos Unit

I must admit I was planning on doing a more high tech paint scheme on him but as I looked at him with the simple bare metal effect, I thought it looked fine, especially for a bunch of colonial marines. And speaking of which, I finished speed painting a squad of five plastic EM4 miniatures last night who will be acting as proxies for the real deal and have come to realise that I hate group painting models!

Don't get me wrong, the finished effect is fine but the effort that goes into essentially producing a production line approach just doesn't appeal to me and I would far prefer to churn through each figure individually, even if it takes far longer.

All the best!

No comments:

Post a Comment