Thursday 28 June 2012

Stuff From the Leadpile 3

Hi!

Heres the latest figures I've painted from my leadpile, some Four A Miniatures:

 Barbarians

Flesh Golem

I've really enjoyed painting them as they have very different types of sculpting, the barbarians have lots of fine detail that results in an interesting model to paint while the flesh golem is lovely and chunky which made for a joy to paint!

In other news I have rummaged out my painted figure collection dating back several years. Sadly its been rather poorly handled and they have all fallen out of their protective pockets and I found them piled up, chipped and broken at the bottom of the box. After some wailing and gnashing of teeth, I have set about repairing the damage and finally varnishing them so they won't suffer the same fate in future!

Heres the first couple from the collection:

 Grenadier Barbarian (now available from Em4 Miniatures)

The Barbarian was painted up a few years back for a Nuclear Renaissance project that never materialised but he works quite well across genres as he will see action in both Sci-fi and Fantasy gaming!

Old Citadel Hobgoblin

Next up theres an old Hobgoblin from Citadel. He's a lovely little figure but I need to rebase him with a lipped base so he fits in with the rest of my collection. I do like the style of him and will be keeping my eye out for any more so I can round out a warband of them at some point!

I've also got a pile more, mostly Chronopia figures sitting on the paint table for touching up and rebasing so will post pictures of them once I get chance!

Looking at my collection I have found that I have a pretty decent force of Sons of Kronos for Chronopia so hope to be able to round out the force at some point as at present I have a unit of Hearthguard and some Viridian Lords but want to get some normal tribesmen and cavalry choices. Fortunately I have some more Grenadier barbarians kicking around and combined with my previously painted Four A and Grenadier barbarians I have just about all I need!

Hopefully I will get chance to add some more pictures today of some Crystal Lotus Elves and possibly more!

All the best!

No comments:

Post a Comment